- Aula Hispánica, Jaca - Spain (Coordinator)
- Greta du Velay, Le Puy en Velay - France
- Euroinform Ltd, Sofia - Bulgaria
- EuroEd Foundation, Iasi - Romania
- Iberika, Berlin - Germany
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
The European Language Stage (ESEDI) is a multilateral project which aims to improve teaching and learning foreign languages in Europe through a new didactic material: a multilingual theater play. It will be performed in five languages, in centres in Germany, Spain, France, Bulgaria and Rumania, where they have detected difficulties in languages learning motivation. Each event will be written and performed bilingually according to each country combining in all acts Spanish as the common language with their national language.
Each act will reflect different situations that highlight the linguistic and cultural variety of Europe.
The main objectives are:
- Enhance students motivation towards foreign language learning
- Promotion of language and intercultural skills to compete effectively in the global market
- Development of personal fulfillment, social cohesion and active citizenship of participants
- Highlighting through real-life situations, the language learning difficulties and how to overcome them
The results we will obtain with ESEDI in the short and long term are:
- Creating a multilingual play, based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) to define the levels of the five languages that will be used: Spanish, French, German, Bulgarian and Romanian
- Representations bilingual acts of the play in five countries
- Creation of a webpage and colavorative tool of content Wiki
- Publication of the script of the theater play in five languages
- Editing a DVD with the recording of all actions
- Publication of a hadbook of best practices used during the project
- Creating a network for the collaboration for future exchanges of students and teachers
ESEDI will promote the interest in foreign language learning through an innovative way, applealing to students in both formal and non-formal education systems. It will promote multilingualism and cultural diversity within and outside the continent.
DURATION: 2011 - 2013
For further information, we invite you to visit our ESEDI Website